GPS/Compass (landing page)¶
Copter/Plane/Rover support integration with GPS, Compass and other positioning technologies:
- ArduSimple RTK GPS
- Avionics Anonymous GNSS + Compass
- Avionics Anonymous Compass
- Beitain BN-220 GPS / BN-880 GPS + Compass Module
- CUAV C-RTK 9P RTK Receiver
- CUAV Neo v2 Pro UAVCAN GPS
- CUAV Neo 3 Pro UAVCAN GPS
- CUAV Neo 3（M9N) GPS
- Emlid Reach RTK Receiver
- Hex Here+ RTK Receiver
- Hex Here 2 UAVCAN GPS/Gyro/IMU/Baro
- Holybro Micro M8N GPS Module
- Holybro Nano Ublox M8 5883 GPS Module
- Holybro Pixhawk 4 GPS Module
- Holybro RTK M8P Family
- Holybro RTK F9P Family
- Matek M8Q-CAN/UAVCAN GPS+Compass+Baro+Airspeed I2C port
- mRo GPS, GPS+Compass,RTK, and UAVCAN modules
- mRo Locaton One UAVCAN GPS/Compass
- Swift Navigation's Piksi Multi RTK GPS Receiver
- Septentrio AsteRx-mUAS RTK GPS
- Trimble BD930 RTK GPS
- Zubax GNSS 2: GNSS + Compass + Barometer
It is important that a GPS be connected to the first SERIALx port that has its
SERIALx_PROTOCOL parameter set to “5” (GPS) since it will stop searching for GPS during bootup if not found on the first port configured for GPS protocol.
When using two GPS units there are a number of switching options that can be selected with GPS_AUTO_SWITCH.
- 0: Use Primary
- Always use the primary GPS, this can be either the first or second as set with GPS_PRIMARY
- 1: Use best
- Automatically select the best GPS, this is done based on GPS fix status (2D / 3D / rtk) if both GPSs have the same fix status the one with the larger number of satellites is used.
- 2: Blend
- Blend is best suited for use with two identical GPS units, see GPS blending
- 4: Use primary if 3D fix or better
- Use primary GPS as set with GPS_PRIMARY if it has a 3D fix or better. This should be used when two dissimilar GPS units are used, one high quality primary unit, and a secondary less accurate unit. In this case the high quality GPS will often have a better quality fix even if it has fewer satellites. Using ‘Use best’ in this case would result in using the poorer quality GPS and result in more switching between GPS units. Unlike ‘Use Primary’ this option still allows falling back to the secondary GPS if 3D fix is lost on the primary.
An additional variation with GPS switching is EKF3 affinity and lane switching. An EKF lane can be setup to use either GPS and the whole EKF lane is then switched based on its health. If the GPS_PRIMARY is used for a lane, and GPS_AUTO_SWITCH is enabled, then the lane will use GPS info as determined by the GPS_AUTO_SWITCH setting.