CAN PMU Power detection module¶
CAN PMU is a drone power management module with built-in STM32F4 processor running CUAV’s ITT compensation algorithm to accurately measure the voltage and current of the drone’s battery. It supports 6~62V voltage input, and the POWER output port can output 5V/ 8A. It uses advanced CAN bus communication and supports the standard UAVCAN protocol. Each PMU is factory calibrated to ensure good consistency and high accuracy.
- Processor: STM32F412
- Voltage Input: 6~62V (2S-15S)
- Max Current: 110A
- Voltage Accuracy: ±0.05V
- Current Accuracy: ±0.1A
- Resolution: 0.01A/V
- Max Output Power: 6000W for 90s
- Max Continuous Power: 5000W
- Power Port Output: 5.4V/5A
- Protocol: UAVCAN
- Operating Temp: -20~+100℃
- Supports firmware upgrade
- No calibration required
- Connector Types:
- 8mm female bullet power connectors (XT-90 battery and ESC cables provided)
- Autopilot Power: Molex 6 pin 1.5mm #5025850670 (CUAV V5 cable provided)
- CAN: 4 pin JST-GH (cable provided)
- Physcial Dimensions:
- Size:46.5mm * 38.5mm * 22.5mm
Connecting to the System¶
- Connect the autopilot’s UAVCAN port the module’s CAN interface.
- Using a CUAV V5 series power cable, connect the module’s Power interface to one of the V5 Autopilot’s power interfaces.
Enable CAN PMU¶
Set the following parameters in the Mission planner’s full parameter list and restart after writing:
- CAN_P1_DRIVER to 1 if attached to CAN bus1 port or CAN_P2_DRIVER to 1 if attached to CAN bus2 port
- BATT_MONITOR or
BATT_MONITORxto 8 enable a UAVCAN battery monitor on the appropriate battery monitor port.
Please use Copter 3.6/Plane 3.9/Rover 3.5 firmware versions or higher.