Learning mode (sort of) plus obstacle avoidance.
- Steering mode is a bit like learning mode, except that the controls
use the same steering, throttle and obstacle avoidance code as AUTO
- The steering controls the “navigation bearing”, which is what AUTO uses to navigate.
- The throttle controls the target speed, just like AUTO does.
- When it sees an obstacle it tries to avoid it in the same way that AUTO does.
- It even does turn speed scaling.
- So you can use STEERING mode to test your rover while remaining fully in control.
- Drive it at a obstacle, and it will avoid it, which is not only fun, it’s great for tuning.
- Momentary toggle (CH7) stores the current GPS position as a new waypoint.