In Steering mode the user’s steering stick controls the vehicle’s lateral acceleration and the throttle stick controls the vehicle’s speed.
- the TURN_RADIUS parameter controls the maximum aggressiveness of the turns. A smaller number results in more aggressive turns.
- when not moving, skid-steering vehicles will pivot in response to steering input but regular steering-throttle rovers will show almost no steering response
- the top speed is interpolated from the CRUISE_THROTTLE and CRUISE_SPEED parameters. These parameters are described on the Tuning Speed and Throttle page
- object avoidance is active in this mode (if configured)
- the SPEED_TURN_GAIN parameter will slow the vehicle as it does in Auto. This is described briefly on the Tuning Navigation page
- this mode can be used to tune the steering rate and speed controllers ahead of attempting to tune navigation controls