Boats can also be controlled with the standard Rover firmware. To specify that the vehicle is a boat the FRAME_CLASS parameter should be set to 2 (Boat).
The special features for Boats include:
- Boats appear as boats on the ground station (version 3.3.0 and higher)
- In Auto, Guided, RTL and SmartRTL modes the vehicle will attempt to maintain its position even after it reaches its destination (version 3.2.0 and higher)
- Vectored Thrust can be enabled to improve steering response on boats which use the steering servo to aim the motors (version 3.3.1 and higher)
- Loiter mode for holding position
- Echosounders for underwater mapping