Waterproof JSN-SR04T Ultrasonic Distance Sensor¶
The JSN-SR04T is an ultrasonic distance sensor. There are two versions v2.0 and v3.0. They differ in the range of action. v2.0 with a range of 25 to 450 cm. v3.0 with a range of 20 to 600 cm. Also more stable. The very short range makes it of limited use.
Connection to the autopilot¶
To setup as the first rangefinder. Reboot after setting parameters:
- RNGFND1_MAX_CM = “450” (i.e. 4.5m max range for v2.0 ver)
- RNGFND1_MIN_CM = “25” (i.e. 25cm min range for v2.0 ver)
- RNGFND1_STOP_PIN = Enter GPIO number for pin attached to JSN-SR04T “Trigger” pin. For example, on PixHawk with
BRD_PWM_COUNT= 4, AUX6 (GPIO 55) could be used here, and AUX5 (GPIO54) could be used below.
- RNGFND1_PIN = Enter GPIO number for pin attached to JSN-SR04T “Echo” pin.
- RNGFND1_TYPE = “30” (HC-SR04 sonar)
- RNGFND1_ORIENT = “25” (Downward facing) if used for altitude control.