Mission Planner Flight Data¶
This section covers the information you will need to use the features in the Mission Planner Flight Data - selected in the Top menu of Mission Planner.
An Introduction An overview with pointers to the various areas of information.
Heads Up Area (HUD) This is the area in the upper left side of the Mission Planner menu.
- See “An Introduction” above to see what each area and entry displays.
- You can detach the HUD to a separate window by double clicking anywhere in the window. Close the window to put back in the Mission Planner.
- Options: Several Options are available by right clicking the HUD.
- User Items: You can add any of the telemetry parameters to the display by right clicking on the HUD, clicking User Items, and checking the items you want displayed. Note that you can view all of the telemetry in the Control and Status area - Status button.
- Other options - what they do TBD
Control and Status (Lower Left): The Control and Status area of the Flight Data screen is in the lower left hand portion of Mission Planner. In this area you can select any of several different menu items. Some items provide informations (status) and other items allow control of the vehicle using the telemety uplink. (Telemetry radio is required)
- Quick: Use this area for a quick look at just a few telemetry values in large text. Double click to add items.
- Actions: Use this area to control your Auto Pilot either for testing (using USB and no motor battery) or for controlling you vehicle More detail TBD
- Gauges: Use this area to gauges for the four popular telemetry data. Double click the speed gauge to change the top speed.
- Status: Clicking the Status menu button will display all of the telemetry parameters
- Servos: TBD
- Telemetry Logs: Use
this section to view, analyze, convert, and play back telemetry
logs that are recorded by Mission Planner.
- Playing Back Missions with Tlogs Specifics on playing back your mission and viewing the mission in the map area.
- Data Flash Logs This is just a short cut to analyze a data flash log from this area without going to the Terminal mode. Click Browse to open a log file and establish a new window to view/analyze the log. Details here.
- Scripts: - A different way to create missions
Map Area: The map area on the right side of the Flight Data screen displays the vehicle track as it moves, provides other information and allows the user to enter some control actions - which send commands to the vehicle (telemetry required)
Right Click Options: Right click on the map area to select one of these options.
Fly to here: (Command) This is guided mode (see bottom of this page Guided Mode)
Fly to here Alt: (Command) Lets you enter an altitude.
Point Camera Here: (Command)
Trigger Camera Now (Command):
Flight Planner: You can open the flight planner window in the map area and leave the rest of the Flight Data Screen as is.
Information/options at the bottom of the screen:
- hdop, sats: shows information about the GPS reception quality and the number of satellites in view.
- Legend: Each color corresponds to the color of the corresponding line showing directions and headings. Black is the GPS track as you vehicle travels.
- Tuning: Opens/closes the tuning window. Details are found in various areas of the website (Need links for Plane, Copter).
- Auto Pan: Checking this box will make the map follow the vehicle and thus keep the vehicle in the center of the screen.
- Zoom: Shows or selects the current zoom level of the map.
Scroll bar: Use the scroll bar to change the zoom level of the map.
Other Hints and Tricks for Map area:
Change the map used: Right Click, select Planner, change the map, then close the Planner view. The new map will now be used in the Flight Data view.
Note: To open the action pane in Planner view, click the little green chevron button [<<] in the upper right corner.