First Time Setup¶
First-time setup of the autopilot includes downloading and installing a Ground Control Station (GCS), mounting the autopilot to the frame, connecting it to the receiver, power and motors, and then performing initial configuration and calibration.
This section assumes that you’ve already chosen and built a blimp.
For more information on each of these tasks (sorted by autopilot within the sections) see the topics below:
- Install Ground Station Software
- Loading Firmware to boards with existing ArduPilot firmware
- Loading Firmware to boards without existing ArduPilot firmware
- Connect Mission Planner to AutoPilot
- Radio Control Calibration
- Accelerometer Calibration
- Compass Calibration
- Flight Modes
- RC Transmitter Mode Setup
- Servo Assignment and Arming Switch