Building the code¶
The linked articles below explain how to setup your build environment on Linux/Ubuntu, MacOS or Windows and then build ArduPilot with either waf or make.
Setting up the Build Environment¶
Building / Compiling¶
ArduPilot currently supports two build systems, waf and make with waf being the recommended option especially for Linux/Ubuntu and MacOS users. In most cases the build dependencies described for waf and make are the same, the only part of the instructions that changes is the build commmand.
Linux / MacOSX users:
- Linux and MacOSX users should build with waf as described in BUILD.md.
Board specific instructions:
- Building ArduPilot with Arduino for Windows
- Editing & Building with Atmel Studio or Visual Studio
- Building for APM2.x with Make (Win, Mac, Linux)
- APM2.x on MacOS with Arduino
- APM2.x on Linux with Make
- Building for Flymaple on Linux
- Building for Pixhawk/PX4 on Windows or Linux with QtCreator
- Building for NAVIO+ on RPi2