Building the code¶
Code building has changed for newer releases to use waf build tools, replacing make.
In most cases the build dependecies described for make are the same, the only part of the instructions changes is the issue of the waf build commmand.
The linked articles below explain how to build ArduPilot for different target hardware on the supported development environments (Linux, Windows, Mac OSX). The included links also cover building the code for ground stations.
Plane, Copter, Rover, Tracker¶
- Building for Pixhawk on Windows10 with Bash on Ubuntu on Windows
- Building for Pixhawk on Windows with Make
- Building for Pixhawk on Windows using Eclipse
- Building for Pixhawk on Linux with Make
- Building for NAVIO2 on RPi3
- Building for Erle-Brain 2
- Building for Erle-Brain
- Building for Bebop2 on Linux
- Building for Bebop on Linux
- Building for Qualcomm Snapdragon Flight Kit
- Building for Beaglebone Black
- Building ArduPilot with Arduino for Windows
- Editing & Building with Atmel Studio or Visual Studio
- Building for APM2.x with Make (Win, Mac, Linux)
- APM2.x on MacOS with Arduino
- APM2.x on Linux with Make
- Building for Flymaple on Linux
- Building for Pixhawk/PX4 on Windows or Linux with QtCreator
- Building for NAVIO+ on RPi2