Benewake TF02 lidar¶
These instructions are a work-in-progress and have not yet been fully verified by the development team
Connecting to the Flight Controller¶
For a serial connection you can use any spare Serial/UART port. The diagram below shows how to connect to SERIAL4.
If the SERIAL4/5 port on a Pixhawk is being used then the following parameters should be set:
- SERIAL4_PROTOCOL = 9 (Lidar)
- SERIAL4_BAUD = 115 (115200 baud)
- RNGFND_TYPE = 8 (LightWareSerial)
- RNGFND_SCALING = 1
- RNGFND_MIN_CM = 5
- RNGFND_MAX_CM = 1200. This is the distance in centimeters that the rangefinder can reliably read.
- RNGFND_GNDCLEAR = 10 or more accurately the distance in centimetres from the range finder to the ground when the vehicle is landed. This value depends on how you have mounted the rangefinder.
If instead the Telem2 port was used then the serial parameters listed above should instead be:
Testing the sensor¶
Distances read by the sensor can be seen in the Mission Planner’s Flight Data screen’s Status tab. Look closely for “sonarrange”.