Rangefinders (landing page)¶
Copter/Plane/Rover support a number of different rangefinders including Maxbotix Sonar and Pulsed Light LED range finders.
Downward facing Lidar are used in flight modes which have height control, such as Altitude Hold, Loiter and PosHold Mode. The data from the sensor will be used until you exceed RNGFND_MAX_CM, after that it switches to the barometer.
Copter-3.4 (and higher) includes support for Terrain Following in Auto mode.
Copter-3.5 (and higher) can use lidar for object avoidance.
Follow the links below (or in sidebar) for configuration information based upon your set-up.
- LightWare SF20 / LW20 Lidar
- LightWare SF10 / SF11 Lidar
- Lightware SF02 Lidar
- Lightware SF40c (360 degree)
- Maxbotic I2C Sonar
- Maxbotic Analog Sonar
- TeraRanger One Rangefinder
- TerraRanger Tower (360 degree)
- Leddar One Lidar
- ST VL53L0X I2C Time of Flight LiDAR *(guide to follow)* `Product page <http://www.st.com/en/imaging-and-photonics-solutions/vl53l0x.html>`
- Analog Sonar (AC3.1)