Future Wiki Changes (in Master branch now)¶
COMMON WIKI PAGES¶
RCx_OPTIONs on Auxillary Functions Page:¶
|RCx_OPTION value||Feature Description||Copter||Plane||Rover|
|79||RunCam OSD Control||X||X||X|
|82||Q_Assist 3Pos Sw||X|
|84||AIRMODE(not a flight mode)||X|
|86||Non Auto Terrain Follow Disable||x|
|87||CROW Mode Switch||X|
|100||Kill IMU1 (testing only!)||X||X||X|
|101||Kill IMU2 (testing only!)||X||X||X|
|105||GPS Disable Yaw (testing only!)||X||X||X|
|300-307||Scripting RC channels||X||X||X|
|ZigZag Mode Learn Waypoints||
Sets zigzag point A and B. See ZigZag Mode .
Allows starting and stopping video recording of compatible RunCam cameras. See RunCam Camera Support
|RunCam OSD Control||
Enables control of RunCam cameras OSDs. See RunCam Camera Support
Align T265 Visual Odometry camera attitude to vehicle’s.
Disarm vehicle unconditionally and immediately. Unlike Emergency Stop Motors, which waits for DISARM_DELAY in Copter.
|Q_Assist 3Pos SW||
Low: disable Q_Assist entirely, Middle: Normal Q_Assist operation, High: Q_Assist active at all times. See Assisted Fixed Wing Flight section of Flying a QuadPlane
|ZigZag Mode Auto Enable||
Enable automatic zigzag and sprayer in ZIGZAG mode. See ZigZag Mode
|AIRMODE (not a regular flight mode)||
Enables and disables AIRMODE feature. See AirMode
|GPS Disable Yaw||
Disables yaw for testing (advanced users only!)
Mode control for Richenpower Hybrid Power Generator
|Non Auto Terrain Follow Disable||
Disables Terrain Following in CRUISE and FBWB modes
|CROW Mode Switch||
Selects between different CROW aileron operating modes
Disables IMU1 for testing (advanced users only!)
Disables IMU2 for testing (advanced users only!)
Manual forward motor throttle in QSTABILIZE, QACRO, and QHOVER modes
|Scripting RC channels||
Allows reading a dedicated RC channel for script inputs
Serial Port Protocol Options¶
Runcam see RunCam Camera Support
Scripting see Lua Scripts
LUA Scripting (common-lua-scripts)¶
see Wiki PR #2839 many new bindings
add to “Getting Started”:
- Scripts which require no user editing before use (Applets) can be found here . Each of these have an .md file of the same name detailing its capabilities, use and setup. For example, there is a script to allow a user to change a SmartAudio capable video transmitter’s output power level from a transmitter channel and set its power-up value via parameter.
- Up to 8 RC channels can be assigned as scripting inputs/controls using the``RCX_OPTION`` = “300-307” options. In addition, four dedicated script parameters are avaliable: SCR_USER1 thru SCR_USER4 and are accessed with the same method as any other parameter, but these are reserved for script use.
LOG_FILE_MB_FREE : This parameter sets the minimum free space on the logging media before logging begins. If this is not available, then older logs will be deleted to provide it during initialization. Default is 500MB.
Managing Gyro Noise with the Static Notch and Dynamic Harmonic Notch Filters(common-imu-notch-filtering)¶
see Wiki PR #2901 < improved notch filtering operation
On Quadplane Flying Page:¶
Change to WARNING box:
This can be managed somewhat with manual throttle control when manually transitioning, but in AUTO mode, a VTOL to fixed wing transition is currently done with TKOFF_THR_MAX p on the forward motor until transition is complete, so very high currents can be experienced..
Changes to Assisted Fixed-Wing Flight:
- change From: “To enable quad assistance you should set Q_ASSIST_SPEED parameter to the airspeed below which you want assistance.” To : VTOL motor assistance is enabled if Q_ASSIST_SPEED, Q_ASSIST_ALT , or Q_ASSIST_ANGLE are non-zero.
- remove: “The attitude assistance will only be used if Q_ASSIST_SPEED greater than zero.”
- add after Q_ASSIST_ALT paragraph: Assistance can also be enabled, disabled, or forced by setting an RC switch to
RCx_OPTION= 82. If that channel is below 1200us (LOW), then assistance is unconditionally disabled, if above 1800us, (HIGH) then assistance is always enabled. Fot other RC values, assistance will be enabled as explained above.
Assistance can also be forced active all the time by setting Q_OPTIONS bit 7 to “1”. For Tailsitters, assistance for tailsitters can be limited only to VTOL motors by by setting Q_OPTIONS bit 8 to “1”. This can increase stabiity during assistance by not using the copter style pid gains on the flying surfaces as well as the VTOL motors, or for use with copter tailsitters without servo controlled flying surfaces.
- add .. note:: Assistance is available for all QuadPlane frame types except the single motor and non-tilt dual motor tailsitter frames.
Assistance will be activated Q_ASSIST_DELAY after any of the above enabling thresholds are reached.
Manual Forward Throttle in VTOL Modes¶
By setting an RC channel option (
RCx_OPTION) to “209”, that channel can provide a separate throttle input to the forward motor(s) in QSTABILIZE, QACRO, and QHOVER VTOL modes. This allows forward movement without having to tilt the QuadPlane forward requiring throttle stick repositioning in QSTABILIZE and QACRO to maintain altitude, and present more forward flat plate resistance to forward movement in all modes.
On Terrain Following Page:¶
At the end of Flight Modes section:
Terrain Following in CRUISE and FBWB modes can be disabled with an RC switch assigned
RCx_OPTION = 86. When enabling (<1200us) or disabling (>1800us) terrain following with the switch, the present altitude will be the target set point either above terrain, or home, respectively. The target altitude can be changed as normal with elevator whether the altitude refernce being used is above home or above terrain.
On Dspoiler Page:
Add at bottom of page:
Crow Mode Switch¶
If Differential Spoilers are used, setting an
RCx_OPTIONS channel to “87” will allow the control of CROW aileron (outer spoilers) operation.
- HIGH position: No change to CROW deflection amount or use of progressive crow.
- MIDDLE position: force progressive crow, assuming DSPOILER_CROW_W1 is non-zero, even if DSPOILER_OPTS bit 2 is zero.
- LOW position: effectively sets DSPOILER_CROW_W1 to zero. Only inner spoilers move with FLAP channel, ie normal flaps.
This allows live changes to CROW operation on approaches so that speed braking and descent rates can be changed during the approach.
On BendyRuler page:¶
- replace OA_LOOKAHEAD label with OA_BR_LOOKAHEAD
- add these params under configuration:
On AIRMODE page:¶
AIRMODE can also be set to be active without using the
RCx_OPTION ARM/DISARM switch to arm. Setting an RC channel to
RCx_OPTION = 84, allows enabling or disabling AIRMODE in ACRO and STABILIZE modes directly. In addition, setting bit 0 of ACRO_OPTIONS will activate AIRMODE in those modes all the time.
On ACRO mode page:¶
in the first paragraph add: Pure Rate mode stabilization, utilizing only the gyros with no attitude feedback from the accelerometers, can be forced by setting bit 1 of ACRO_OPTIONS to one. Attitude will still have an open loop correction applied in this mode, similar to “heading hold” tail gyros, but attitude can drift over time.
add Fence section to Sailboat configuration page:
Sailboats behave in the same manner as other Rovers regarding fence operation and breach failsafe actions. However, unlike other Rovers, which slow as they approach a fence boundary, Sailboats will just attempt to tack away from the boundary since they have no speed controller, as such.