SkyRocket Throw Mode¶
Here are some extra tips for throw mode on the SkyViper:
- you can assign throw mode to a button on your TX.
Go to the web interface at
http://192.168.99.1and choose the parameters page. Then assign throw mode to one of the action buttons. I like using ACTION5, which you get by holding the MODE button, then pressing the right shoulder button (the one marked with the photo icon)
- wait till you have full GPS lock (green LED on transmitter is solid)
- with your skyviper disarmed and on the ground, select throw mode with the button you have setup in the first step. You will hear a bip-boop-bip sound from the TX
- now press the “return” button to arm your copter. The motors will not start spinning.
- look at your transmitter LEDs. If the green LED is flashing rapidly then you are ready to throw. Do not throw the copter unless the green LED is flashing rapidly
- pickup the copter by one of the legs, keeping fingers clear of the propellers
- throw it as high as you can with one smooth motion
- do NOT swing your arm back and forward to “wind up” for the throw, otherwise the copter may think the throw has been done and will start the motors
- be ready to press the power button on the TX for instant disarm if something goes wrong
- after the throw, the copter will take a few seconds to settle, then will automatically switch to LOITER mode for you to fly it